In this enlightening episode of "Earn Your Leisure," we sit down with renowned real estate developer Brandon Rule to explore the dynamic world of real estate and community development. From transforming housing projects into thriving mixed-income communities to the intricate process of funding massive developments, Brandon shares invaluable insights and personal experiences. Key topics include:
- The transformation of housing projects into mixed-income communities.
- The importance of building a solid resume for self-funding real estate deals.
- The role of affordable housing in bridging the wealth gap. - The underrepresentation of Black professionals in managing major pension funds. - A deep dive into the mechanics of real estate financing.
- The three tiers of securing HUD grants and their impact on community development.
- The need for greater Black participation in community development.
- Advocating for public service workers' access to high-quality housing.
- An inside look into the development of a $45 million mixed-use property. - Beginner's guide to commercial development and scaling up.
- The benefits of maintaining strong relationships with city officials in real estate.
- The concept of reverse gentrification and its impact on local communities.
- Exploring Atlanta's 30% tax credit for film production and its implications.
- Distinguishing commercial real estate from community development.
- Understanding the application of tax credits in real estate projects.
- The reasons behind grocery stores' hesitance to move into lower-income areas.
- Recognizing and adapting to real estate cycles.
- The current opportunity to learn and grow in real estate.
- Brandon Rule's journey to securing a $50 million grant.
- Debunking myths around land investment strategies. Join us in this comprehensive discussion, where Brandon Rule demystifies the complex world of real estate and sheds light on community development's critical role in society.
Join us in this comprehensive discussion, where Brandon Rule demystifies the complex world of real estate and sheds light on community development's critical role in society.